Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding Invites


My brother, Patrick, and his girlfriend of 7 1/2 years got engaged in August! Yeah! We are so excited for them! Well they may have dated for a loooong time but they don't believe in long engagements! They were engaged at the end of August and will be getting married the middle of December. 

Me, being a papercrafter and all, had to know what they were doing for invites. We have been invited to a couple of wedding lately with homemade invites. All I could think of when I got them is "Why didn't they ask me for help?" They were nice but I could have made them special. I wanted to make sure that Patrick and Natalie's invites were special. 

Natalie tells me that it will be a small wedding as they just don't want to have a large wedding. I'm thinking, "Good. Making the invites won't be so bad." So I volunteer to work with her and make these invites. What I didn't know when I first offered to make them is that she would need 180 invites!! What happened to small?

I only had 4 weeks to design, order and create these 180 invites! Natalie wanted to pick out the stamps that would be used on her invites. Who can blame her? I know that I would want to be part of that too! Well, she couldn't decide which stamp set she liked the best so I created 60 invitations with each set that she picked out. 

Here are the results! The first one uses Serene Snowflakes.


This next one uses Baroque Motifs.
 The last one uses Tree Trimmings.

 Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Vellum
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: 1/8" punch, Cherry Cobbler Quilted ribbon
Natalie's dress is ivory so we went with Very Vanilla. The hall will be decorated for Christmas so the Cherry Cobbler seemed like it made the most sense to use since the bridesmaids will be wearing black. 
Natalie was thrilled with how they turned out when she picked them up last night. She was even happier when she realized that I also stamped the envelopes and the return cards for her!

Congratulations, Patrick and Natalie!

Happy Stampin' to the rest of you!

Shelley



8 comments:

Yapha said...

Wow!! Those are absolutely gorgeous! And so fun that you got to make three different kinds. Congratulations to your brother and his fiancee!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Those are really beautiful Shelley!!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow! Love the Serene Snowflake one best!

Mickey Roberts said...

They are so lucky to have you to help make their day so special. Love all the cards, but the snowflakes are my favorite.

Paula said...

They are all so beautiful. They are lucky to have you to make such beautiful creations for their special day. Congrats to them!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

OH MY GOSH--They are beautiful!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

They are beautiful and stunning! Congrats to them!

Carmen said...

Wonderful invites!! They are very beautiful!